French Onion Soup Recipe.
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter
- 2 lbs of onions (preferably yellow)
- 1/4 cup of chopped garlic
- 1 cup of red wine
- 6 cups of veggie broth
- 1 cup of lentils (optional)
- 1 package of Miyoko's mozzerella cheese
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
Place onions, garlic, and a drop of olive oil in a pot on low heat. Stir and sauté until the onions are translucent (This can take up to 45mins to 1 hour). Add in the lentils (optional).
Stir in the wine, and let simmer for 5 minutes and then start to add the veggie broth.
Keep the soup on simmer for 25 minutes.
Once done place in a soup bowl and add the sour dough bread to the soup and add the vegan cheese.
If you would like the cheese to be browned or melted, place the soup bowl in the oven for 10 minutes.
Eat & Enjoy!