VEGAN VANILLA MUFFINS WITH A CHOCOLATE CHIP SUGAR GLAZE.
Ingredients for muffin mix:
- 1 cup of plant milk (I used Califia Farms Coconut Milk)
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar (I used Sugar In The Raw)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1+1/2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
2. Add all dry ingredients to one bowl and add all wet ingredients into another bowl, mix separately.
3. After mixing each bowl separately, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl.
4. Mix together until batter is smooth and the texture resembles paste like substance.
5. Use a non stick spray or olive oil for cupcake baking pan, pour batter into cupcake cups.
6. Place in oven for 20minutes, checking on it occasionally.
7. After they are out of the oven, let sit for one hour before applying the sugar glaze.
Ingredients for Sugar Glaze:
- 1/2 cup of plant butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cups of vanilla extract
- 2 + 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of plant milk
- chocolate chips
Mix Sugar Glaze ingredients together, add chocolate chips, and you have your frosting!